Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Best Job In The World!


I have the best job in the world! I get to work with newborn babies. It has brought me some of the most amazing experiences of my life. I am so blessed to be able to be there when these precious little babies come into the world. I immediately feel so much love and can never help myself but to get a little teary-eyed. I can just see in the parents faces how these little ones changed their lives in an instant. I can see the love they have for their baby on their faces. Last night, I got to work all through the night with some of these newborn babies. I was able to give one little girl her first bath. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen and I couldn't help but smile and laugh a little bit the whole time. First, I washed her body and we'll just say she wasn't very happy with me. She started to cry and her whole little body went bright red. After I finished rinsing her body, I wrapped her up in a warm towel to help get her body temperature back up. She stopped crying, and stared at me with big bright eyes! I held her little body on my forearm with her neck resting in my hand and rinsed the hair on her head. I put shampoo in and used a little brush to massage it into her hair. Her little eyes rolled into the back of her head...she absolutely LOVED it! Haha It was the cutest thing ever! She tried to keep staring at me, but her little eyelids got heavy. I absolutely love working with these tiny babies! Sometimes I ask them, "Is there a little one up there waiting for me?" They never answer, so maybe it's not time yet.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. That would be an awesome job. How neat to see these precious spirits straight from heavenly father.

    ReplyDelete