Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Easy Honey Whole Wheat Bread!

I'm not sure why, but it's always when I'm just sitting in school that I crave baking! Today in chemistry I was craving homemade bread. I used to love when my mom made homemade bread! It makes your home smell so good! So I found this simple recipe!

I did everything in my kitchen aid. First, you dissolve active dry yeast in warm water. Then you add a whole 1/3 cup of honey. After that is mixed well you add salt, oil, and whole wheat flour. Gradually you add 5 cups of all-purpose flour.


Next, you pull the dough out and shape it into a ball-ish shape. Set it on a lightly floured surface. Here comes the hardest part people! Knead the dough for 10 to 15 minutes. This might be a little embarrassing to admit, but my arms got sore... :S


The dough is supposed to get softer and elastic-like. You then set the ball in a well-oiled bowl and cover the surface of the dough.


Lie the dough back on the floured-surface and set a damp cloth on top of it. Wait for the dough to rise and double in size. This took about 45 minutes.


Voila! Split the dough into two loafs!


Put in two well-greased 9x5 loaf pans. (Mine were a little uneven, whoops!) Now you're supposed to let the dough rise until it's about 1 inch to 1 1/2 inches above the top of the pans. Bake it at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes!


Mmm! Here is my homemade honey whole wheat bread! My house smells to die for!


Here is the link to the recipe. Enjoy!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/honey-wheat-bread-ii/

No comments:

Post a Comment